Who does not love Thai curries. The aroma, the taste…Aah, we know you already started imagining it! We will tell you an easy peasy recipe of Thai Chicken Curry.
Ingredients for 4 Servings
- 500 g chicken breast fillets (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 piece of ginger (fresh, about the size of a thumb, peeled, finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 400 ml unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 red peppers (thinly sliced)
- 3 spring onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 small jar of bamboo shoots (in strips, drained)
- 10 cobs (pickled, halved lengthways)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar (alternatively brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass (paste or finely chopped)
- Fresh Thai basil
- 500 g rice (jasmine / fragrant rice)
- Mix the meat well with 1 tablespoon of oil, soy sauce and ginger and marinate for about 30 minutes. In the meantime, clean and cut the vegetables. Fry the meat in a non-stick pan and set aside.
- Toast the curry paste in the remaining oil in a wok (or a large pan with a high rim). Stir in peanut butter, allow to melt. Deglaze with coconut milk. Add the vegetables, simmer for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the rice and let it steam off. Just before the end of the cooking time (the vegetables should still have bite) add the meat and simmer briefly. Season to taste with palm sugar, fish sauce and lemongrass. Scatter Thai basil on top and serve with rice.