Vegan Italian pasta salad has been floating around in our minds for days. Sometimes more and sometimes less, but it has not been forgotten. A few days later, our thoughts turned into cravings. Without further ado, loads of vegetables were purchased from the nearest supermarket. At home, the hell out of it, chopped up and prepared whatever it took, just to make “food dreams come true”. Ét voilà, that is the result that we would like to cook with you here today.
Vegan Pasta Salad is the Star of Every Barbecue Evening
In summer, barbecuing is just part of it. But no harm in making it in any other season. We are now serving you this beautiful Italian pasta salad with corn, paprika, cucumber, olives and rocket. We preferred enjoying this healthy dish with grilled pan bread – be sure to try it out.
Ingredients for the vegan Italian pasta salad
The ingredients are for 4 people.
- 500 g pasta (I use spelled croissants)
- 1 can of corn
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red onion
- 1 bunch of radishes
- 1 jar of pitted olives
- 200 g rocket
- 250 g of cocktail tomatoes
- Oil for frying
- Herbs of your choice (I use an 8 herb mix)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp mild apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of sweet mustard
- vegan feta (Bedda for example)
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan with salted water according to the instructions on the packet. I also always add some oil that the pasta does not perish after it has been drained. When they’re done, drain them and let them cool in a large salad bowl.
- Meanwhile, you can prepare the vegetables. Cut the bell pepper and onion into small cubes. Peel the cucumber and cut it into small cubes. Wash and halve the tomatoes, clean, wash and slice the radishes. Drain, rinse and halve the olives. Finally wash the rocket and roughly chop it.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the onion for 5 minutes until translucent. Add the pepper cubes and fry for another 5 minutes. Finally add the tomatoes and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared vegetables and stir-fried vegetables to the pasta. Put the corn in a colander, rinse and also add to the bowl.
- For the dressing, mix olive oil, apple cider vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl. Then add the herbs and stir in.
- Add the dressing to the pasta salad and mix everything together well.
- Finally, cut the vegan feta into small pieces and mix in the salad. Season everything again with salt and pepper.
Have fun while enjoying it!