Granola topping – bring it on! It’s so incredibly delicious. Simply divine, this healthy nut crunch! You can enjoy granola in combination with yogurt or chia pudding or even on porridge!. We personally like it way too much. That’s why we’re going to tell you how to prepare chocolate granola.
What exactly is Granola? Granola is on everyone’s lips! But what is behind this magical word that everyone sprinkles wildly on their breakfast dishes? We would describe granola as a mix of granola and crunch. It consists of 90% nuts and is therefore super healthy. Another advantage that homemade granola offers is that it can be sweetened to your liking. It’s also a lot cheaper than the readymade version available in supermarkets. So if those aren’t two quick-witted arguments to stand in the kitchen again and quickly make the granola topping yourself. Don’t you think so too ?!
Ingredients for the vegan chocolate granola
For about 2 liters of granola.
- 2 cups of oat flakes (You can use multi-flakes or spelled flakes)
- 1 cup of hazelnuts
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup of walnuts
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1 cup of linen seeds
- 4 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 4 tbsp maple syrup (you can also use agave syrup)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (sunflower oil is also possible)
- 3 tbsp baking cocoa (unsweetened)
Preparation of the vegan chocolate granola + yogurt with fried peach
- Before we start preparing the granola, preheat the oven to 180 degrees top and bottom heat.
- First, roughly chop the almonds and pecans. You can use a multi-chopper for this or just take a knife and roughly chop the nuts.
- Put the nut mix in a bowl. Add oat flakes, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, desiccated coconut, hazelnuts, baking chocolate and cinnamon. Mix everything together well.
- Heat the coconut oil together with the maple syrup in a saucepan and mix well. Pour the mix over the dry ingredients and mix everything well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the muesli mixture on top and place in the preheated oven. Bake the whole thing for 30-40 minutes until golden brown. Depending on how crispy you like the granola.
- After baking, you can mix dried fruits such as raisins or cranberries into the granola. I also really like it with cocoa nips, which you can add as an alternative to dried fruit. After it has cooled down, I put the granola in storage jars! It stays there for about 4 weeks.
Vegan yogurt with fried peach and granola topping
If you are a breakfast person, you will absolutely love yogurt with fried peach and granola topping. For this you take a yogurt of your choice. You can use coconut yogurt and sweeten it with a little agave syrup. Put a teaspoon of coconut oil in a pan and fry a fresh peach in it until it is golden brown. Then add the fried peach to the yogurt. Decorate it with a few berries and the chocolate granola is used as a topping . Super tasty and prepared in no time at all.